Sunday 22 May 2011

Ugly Ducklings

 Pastel on Clairefontaine Pastelmat, 19 x 26.75 inches

What is it about Swans with me ?  Those of you have seen my work in the past know that swans seem to feature quite a lot in my wildlife studies.  They are just the most beautiful birds, and being big and white, they do make wonderful subjects for painters.

I called this one 'Ugly Ducklings' after the Danny Kaye song, so often played on Junior Choice in the late fifties and sixties (that dates me)  Anybody under 40 probably won't know what on earth I'm talking about...who's Danny Kaye ?  Educate them everyone....oh, and sing the song !  I bet you'll be cursing me for the next couple of days - you won't get it out of your head will you...."with feathers all stubby and brown...............get out of town"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment !