Wednesday 21 March 2012

Mellow Autumn Reflections

Pastel on clairefontaine Pastelmat, 13 x 19 inches

This was another demonstration piece I gave to another Art Group recently, put away whilst i was painting oils, so I've finished off back in the studio.

My favourite stretch of the river welland near me again, in all it's Autumn glory, with its mellow tones of blues, mauves and rich yellows and rusts.  Soft Pastel is particularly gorgeous to use for painting reflections, and this was perfect for the job; slow-moving water, with just a hint of ripples and dots of bubbles to animate the surface.

That's the last of Pastels for the time being - now back to Oils, so stand by your beds all........ 

May I ask any of you reading this, if you are interested in coming to my exhibition at the Marine House Gallery in Beer, South Devon, opening preview on Saturday May 5th, to please email me at peter_barker@tiscali.co.uk with your address, if you would like to receive an illustrated Invitation, thank you!

2 comments:

  1. Nice one Peter, you've really nailed the light beautifully.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Paul - much appreciated! It was one of those gorgeous, quiet November days after a touch of frost. I like your plein air work too - very sound!

      Delete

Please leave a comment !