Wednesday 10 July 2013

Hype

I've commented before on how hype can inflate the prices and egos of artists, way beyond their talent, so I thought I would share this lovely comment I found in the London Evening Substandard by Brian Sewer:

"Today, I stumbled upon the work of a hitherto relatively unknown (to me) artist called Peter Barker, who is, in my opinion, without doubt, a modern master among living two-dimensional colourists.  This ludicrously gifted painter of landscapes, wildlife and figures is surely set to make the art world stand up and appreciate his most extraordinary talent.  The prices his work command are ridiculously humble and my personal advice is to buy as many as you can before the inevitable happens according to the laws of supply and demand, and his paintings are snapped-up by the wealthy art collectors of the world, almost as soon as they come off the easel."

Should do it.....

4 comments:

  1. Superb painting Peter. Incredible sense of light. I was up there painting last weekend. As you say, such a good painting spot.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks David. Not so good this week in this intense blue light for my liking - much prefer winter with more interesting skies!

      Delete
  2. Brian Sewar is right peter. Most of your paintings I can just see that they are actual paintings and not photographs. this one I can`t make out whether it is a painting or a Photograph. But you say it is a painting then I know it is a painting. It is an unbelievable piece of Artist skill, and only you seem to bring it off. Peter this is a big pat on your back for the skill you show, and i agree with Brian Sewel. Amazing, how in heaven do you do it each time? All the best peter.
    Vic.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're very kind Vic! 'Brian Sewer's comment is a spoof as you may see, just my warped humour about hype in the art world! But thanks anyway!

      Delete

Please leave a comment !