Wednesday 11 December 2013

ROI Private View

I spent today at the ROI Private View at the Mall Galleries in London. Despite none of my submissions being accepted this year, it's still a great show and well worth a visit if you're in London!

It's always a good day, catching up with friends and colleagues Haidee-Jo Summers, David Pilgrim, Graham Webber, David Curtis, Adebanji Alade, Keith Wilkinson and others, and talking shop, and having a good old gander at the superb work on display.  The show was officially opened by the new President of the ROI, Ian Cryer and the ever exuberantly verbose Dr David Starkey.

It was especially good to finally meet and chat with one of my all-time painting heroes, Pete 'The Street' Brown, who picked up yet another award. When Adebanji Alade asked Pete if he could take a photo of him in front of his paintings, I took advantage and got a snap too, above.

I shall endeavour to take a few more photos when it's a little less busy next Tuesday when I and many more artists, some ROI members and some not, will be painting from three models, live, from 6-9pm in the annual Art Event Evening. Tickets at £8 to watch the event, can be obtained from http://www.mallgalleries.org.uk/index.php?pid=374

2 comments:

  1. Good to see you at the show Peter. The coach trip sounded a bargain (actually cheaper than it cost me to park my car at MK station!!). Look forward to seeing you at the paint evening, always an enjoyable night with a great buzz.

    David.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha ha, yes, it did cost me 50p more to park my car near the coach station too! I shall look forward to seeing you next week too - better get my painting hand doing a bit of practise before then - back to the garden now to clear the debris after my new studio build...

      Delete

Please leave a comment !