Wednesday 1 October 2014

Swans by the Windrush

Oil on Board, 14 x 20 inches

I know, I know, I'm always painting Swans...but so what, they're beautiful and I love them, and they're invariably where I go painting or looking for subjects.

This is onemy favourite stretches of river in the Cotswolds, near Burford and away from the all the touristy bits. The Windrush meanders its way serenely through beautiful countryside, but I have never been able to catch it when the sun is out, so this is a fairly close-toned piece, rich in greens, save for the swans themselves, and that beautiful pink hawthorn (May) bush, which almost glowed in the soft light. The swans actually had their brood of 5 or 6 cygnets hidden just to the left of them behind the wild Flag Irises.

2 comments:

  1. Bonjour,

    Un lieu qui me semble tellement calme, je comprends la présence des cygnes et aussi la vôtre !... Une peinture qui me remplit de douceur. Un travail fantastique.

    Gros bisous ☼

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Merci beaucoup Martinealison, vos commentaires sont toujours les Bienvenue et très appréciée !

      Delete

Please leave a comment !