Sunday 2 August 2015

The Glassy Nene

Oil on Board, 10 x 14 inches

I found this on a shelf the other day - it was a demo I did sometime last year, to whom I can't remember, but it was worth tickling it somewhat, so here's the finished result.

It's the River Nene (pronounced Neen or Nen, depending where you come from) near Peterborough in April. The obvious focal point is the lone Sheep that had come down for a drink, but hopefully, the eye travels on a slow journey along the glassy expanse of water, around the bend and back through the blue gap in the trees on the right to the Sheep.

 

1 comment:

  1. It worked Peter. That was the exact ocular path I enjoyed. Nicely done. Af first when the page loaded it was high on the painting and all I could see was the title and the sky. I was aniticpating a goose (Nene) .. but instead found a peaceful, placid stream in full Spring blossom with a laconic lamb drinking from the River Nene. And equally pleasant view. Nicely blossomed image, too. Kudos. ;)

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment !