Thursday 22 October 2015

Fog on the Nene

Oil on Board, 9 x 13 inches

Continuing the wintry, frosty, foggy theme, I enjoyed painting this one. I painted this first, but then realised that I had made the tones a little too dark, so re-painted it, lightening all the tones. 

I think it's the mystery of what's out there that I enjoy so much about foggy/misty paintings - to capture that enigma, making the viewer make up their own mind, almost seeing the fog clearing, yet no, it's still tantalisingly enveloping the landscape. It lures folks into reaching for their wallet, mesmerised and hypnotised into buying it to study at home, waiting year-on-year for the blanket to clear, yet never quite....

2 comments:

  1. This one painting is just the most amazing thing I have ever seen. This snowy weather. I can;t imagine how you painted it.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment !