Friday 22 January 2016

Winter Windrush

Oil on Board, 7.5 x 10 inches

My painting these days is intermittent and although I love running the gallery www.peterbarkerfineart.co.uk (other galleries are available, but why bother when you've got the best here) I do miss the freedom of painting when I want. There is always so much to do, but hey, what a great job, being surrounded by some of the best paintings in the country by revered colleagues.

Anyway, here's one I managed to slot in yesterday - a little oil to ease my way back into the painting mode, and a typical one from the last month's weather - wet, a little gloomy and flat light. But every mood of weather has its charm, and the milky flat light provides depth if not flashy highlights. The blues of distant trees is emphasised in Winter, and this lends a hand to help create depth in a painting, as here, I hope!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment !